Protecting Your Privacy
No further consent is required, however, consent to the storage and processing of personal information you have provided to YWL can be revoked at any time by clicking unsubscribe upon receiving any communication from us, managing your registered account settings on the Website, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, you can access information held about you by YWL at any time upon notifying YWL of the information you wish access to and such information will be provided to you within a reasonable time.
The Information and Data That We Collect
YWL collects, holds and makes use of two main types of data: (1) Use Data; and, (2) Personal Data (as defined hereunder).
(1) Use Data does not contain personal data or other personally identifiable information about you. The Website, its servers, or other service providers, may collect information indirectly and automatically about your activities while visiting the Website, such as the IP address accessing the Website, what pages are viewed, the amount of time spent on a page, browser information, and other ‘click stream’ data. YWL uses this data for internal purposes to better understand how visitors interact with the Website for administrative purposes and to improve the user’s experience. In any case where Use Data is stored along with your Personal Data, it will be treated in the same way as Personal Data.
(2) Personal Data includes the information that a visitor to the Website may provide when making use of the Website. This may include:
- name, mailing address, email address, phone number, contact details, credit card payment information and any other YWL membership data;
- year of call, employment status, place of employment, and areas of law of interest;
- information about you contained in communications with YWL and between us and you, whether online or offline;
- any personal information you add to a registered account when making use of the Website and its services; and,
- information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
How We Use your Personal Data
We use the data collected for the purpose of providing and developing the services provided by the Website in order to provide you with a more efficient, convenient, and better user experience and in order to register you for YWL-hosted and YWL-promoted events, seminars, workshops or other similar services through our Website (collectively, “YWL Events”).
This includes using your Personal Data to:
- send email updates about upcoming events, articles, and other information that is relevant and of interest to our members and subscribers;
- communicate with you, to respond to your requests and inquiries, and to organize certain aspects of various events;
- send our monthly newsletter, promotional material, as well as thank-you and holiday cards;
- identify areas of interest to improve and better target our offered services and resources;
- invite you to YWL Events, including those hosted by third parties extending invitations to YWL members;
- manage and administer the obligations required to run our organization; and,
- as permitted or required by law or for purposes for which you otherwise provide your consent.
If you do not wish to further be contacted by YWL, or if you do not wish to further receive newsletters or invitations to YWL events, seminars, or workshops, you may unsubscribe upon receiving any communication from us, manage your registered account settings on the Website, or ask us not to contact you for these purposes by emailing email@example.com.
If you apply for a board, committee, or any volunteer position with YWL, we will collect the personal information that is contained in and generated in relation to your application. This is done in order to evaluate your application and assess whether to offer you a position with YWL. For candidates that are not offered or do not accept a position with YWL, we normally retain this information for a reasonable period of time.
How We Collect Information
Information is typically collected directly from you or through our interaction with you. This includes:
- when information is entered on our Website when signing up for a YWL membership or subscribing to our mailing list;
- information you provide when volunteering to participate in our member survey; and,
- when information is entered on our Website when registering for a YWL Event.
Disclosing and Sharing Your Information
YWL collects, uses, and discloses your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. YWL acknowledges and ensures that its practices are in line with CASL. As such, YWL will not disclose any personal information that we collect to third parties without your prior consent. Circumstances that may prompt the disclosure of your personal information without your prior consent include where we are required or authorized by law or court mandate, to do so.
(i) you have provided us with your express opt-in consent for doing so;
(ii) the disclosure is reasonably necessary for us to be able to enforce our policies;
(iii) the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud or security breaches; or,
(iv) applicable law or court mandate requires us to disclose it.
The only personal information that we collect about you when you use our Website is the information that you provide, for example, by registering on our Website as a YWL member or subscribe to our mailing list.
You can generally visit the YWL Website without providing any personal information, and we do not attach cookies to your computer’s memory when you visit our Website.
For your convenience/benefit, we may offer links from our Website to other websites. However, YWL is not responsible for, nor do we accept any liability for, the personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices of other entities to which our Website may link. You should consult the privacy policies of these other entities and websites before providing any personal information on their websites.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not use the personal account features and services of the Website without adult accompaniment.
We take the collection, storage and use of Personal Data seriously, and will use industry standard security mechanisms to protect your Personal Data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. However, given that electronically submitted data is not 100% secure, we make no warranties as to the security of any such personal information that you submit, which you do at your own risk.
Young Women in Law
PO Box 1098 Toronto Dominion
Toronto, Ontario M5K 1P2
Posted: March 2018